Wednesday 1 December 2010

Narnia



Today has felt disjointed. Not right. Like living in one of those dreams in which you are certain you're awake. But then you wake up. It was wrong from the moment I actually did wake. No sounds. Then a bird attempted a tweet. I looked outside to check I was awake. That made it worse. 18 inches of snow changes everything. Literally. It's still autumn. The apple tree two gardens beyond mine has frozen red apples shining out from white. White. Everywhere. Brave orange leaves. White. Wrong. Everything has stopped. Apart from people. Walking down the middle of the main road was the only way to get anywhere. It became a path. Impassable even for sledges. Knee high. Thigh high. Everywhere was new. So beautiful. Still. I traditionally hate snow. But today was magical. Tomorrow it will be intolerable again. Narnia. I did expect Mr Tumnus to turn up at any given point. Might brave the woods tomorrow....or maybe I'll get back to normal and have a little rant about something instead....

1 comment:

  1. Awesome....xx M said my hat made me look like Mr Tumnus today.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I really do read and appreciate each one...

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...