Monday 24 May 2010

Fragments



Detail from a quick sketchy piece made from scraps of fabric left over from curtains and bedding my mum made for my Sindy house when I was 3. From a stamp. A zip from an old skirt (again made by my mum many, many moons ago). Brown paper (requires no introduction). The straps from a strappy vest (from my strappy vest days). And buttons from my button tin. Put through my sewing machine... I like the idea of fragments from my life. Stitching the past together into a new shape. Gallons of varnish...it's the smell...can't resist...prussion blue paint. Again, it's a weakness...


I pummelled and picked at it. Threw it across the room (I do that a lot...). Not sure. Kind of like the brokeness. I think....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I really do read and appreciate each one...

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...