Saturday 31 July 2010

One Week in Norfolk (Little Bits and Bobs)


Before I set off I had very mixed expectations. Was warned I might catch crabs...


One week in Norfolk actually turned out to be just what I needed:
...Elderly people in Fakenham. Rolf Harris in Holt. Bad signal all week. Missing my iphone. Forgetting my pyjamas. Cow giving birth outside the cottage. Falling in love with old Hunstanton. Having a strop in Norwich. Lovely art shops. Rummaging in charity shops. Lots and lots of flies. Miles of greenhouses. Flint. Tesco. More Tesco. God bless globalisation. Getting my car wedged in a tight bend. The roads. Satellite navigation telling constant lies. Nonexistent road signs. Not catching crabs. Man snorting milk in Norwich. Park and ride. Never quite finding Henry Moore. Escaping. Watching a cow being milked. Running round and round the same block because the village only had one block. Listening to Midlake. Cromer. Drinking tea out of a flask. Daily strop because my bag was too heavy. My dad carrying my bag. Buying my dad’s Christmas present. Ice cream every day. Sainsbury Visual Arts Centre. Good pub. Good vegetarian food. Caravans. Vomit comet. Picnics. Feeling calm. Listening to Bright Eyes (not rabbits). Banging my head every night. Low beams. Backache from pushing daughter’s bike. Charlie and Lola. Kite flying. Kite not flying. Sandcastles. Sand in my camera. Rather happy. Pockets full of shells. Smiling at people. People smiling back. Pretty houses. Contemplating moving here (might be late for school). Forever feeding the ducks. Parking tickets. Having a beautiful easel bought for me. Cromer again. Steps to the beach. Sandy feet. Cooking for my mum and dad. Sleeping a bit better. wanting to stay for a bit longer...










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I really do read and appreciate each one...

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...