Friday 27 August 2010

Yorkshire Sculpture Park. Again. Again. Again and again...





I was in the very last group of students to train as teachers at Bretton Hall. It was in the grounds of the Yorkshire Sculpture Park and it is one of the very greatest shames that Bretton Hall no longer exists. I remember escaping out into the grounds to have a good old cry on many occasions. The stillness and presence of the sculpture used to calm my heart. Make things shrivel back into perspective. I think that is why I still use it as my escape today. There was a phase, earlier this year, when I went every week ( lots of bad times). Today I went. It was the first time in about 4 months. I like to show it to people. I want them to love it as much as me. Like sharing a secret. Saw the David Nash work for the first time. Not sure about it...It was interesting. But I think I have loved the previous two exhibitions too much ( Andy Goldsworthy, then Peter Randall Page). This was good, but for me, did not have the same impact. I will probably forget it easily. Move on to other things in my mind. The old work is still with me too strongly. I absolutley, completely and utterly loved Goldsworthy and Randall Page's work. Not ready to let go of that yet. I also recently discovered Rob Ryan here. In a little, tiny gallery. His breathtaking, spellbinding paper cuts. My walls, bookshelves and mind are fast becoming filled with his work. Now I would really, really like some of his tiles ( if only I had an art buying fairy...). I blame the YSP shop for that. It gets me everytime...

Today was special. I hope G loved it as much as I thought she would...?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I really do read and appreciate each one...

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...