Thursday 17 March 2011

It all started here...

Well, here actually. Not in the V and A where these images were taken. But with this sculpture. More than half my life ago. I saw it in a magazine by the British Crafts Council when I was a teenager. And it stayed with me. Never left. This was the reason I started to work with glass. It's called 'Lollipop Isle' and was designed by Ovia Toikka in 1969. It was just sat there, in the glass galleries in the V and A, surrounded by thousands of other pieces of glasswork, waiting for me to see it. Then I saw it. I didn't do the jig. Or gasp. I just looked. And thought. For a very long time.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I really do read and appreciate each one...

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...